UNDERSTANDING PLASTIC MATERIALS FOR THE MEDICAL AND PHARMA INDUSTRIES
Plastics have transformed the medical device industry and are used widely due to their versatility. But it must meet stringent performance requirements throughout its lifecycle from production to disposal.
This one-day course is full of relevant industry know-how to make your job easier! Learn from our course presenters who have worked in the industry and have decades of experience behind them.
You will gain a greater understanding of material selection for pharma and medical applications and how to take into account issues such as drug interaction, biocompatibility, sterilizability and quality management requirements.
Regulatory compliance is vital within the MedTech industries and this course will guide you through the management of patient/user risk to meet EU MDR 2017 and UK MDD 2002 and using ISO 14971 for the application of risk management to medical devices.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Plastic material selection methodology for pharma and medical devices and using ‘medical type plastics grades’
- How the supply chain operates for the supply of plastic products and components into the MedTech industries
- The requirements of EU MDR 2017 and UK MDD 2002 for plastic products, the design and development requirements of ISO 13485 and using ISO 14971 for risk management
- How to use ISO 10993 to approach a biocompatibility assessment
- Building environmental and sustainability strategies into your pharma or medical device design
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
- Develop an understanding of the use of plastics in these rapidly growing industries
- Have an understanding how to select plastics when developing medical device plastic products that meet product performance, design and regulatory requirements
- Increase your confidence in managing your part of the pharma and medical device supply chain
WHY TAKE PART IN THIS PS PARTNERSHIPS COURSE?
- Learn from experts who have worked in the industry! Course presenter, Dr Paul Shipton (Technical Director) is an experienced trainer with over 30 years’ experience designing plastic products and supports businesses with plastic technology consultancy. Paul also supports organisations across the global medical and pharmaceutical supply chains.
- Suzanne Johnston, (Operations Director) supports businesses with medical device regulatory compliance and product environmental impact.
- Before the course you have the opportunity to participate in a delegate video call where you can discuss your learning requirements and interest with a course presenter … to find out about any specific interest you have and answer any questions.
- You will get a copy of all the course materials
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Designer engineers
- Device moulders and manufacturers
- Plastic raw material suppliers
- Technical managers
- Plastic product supply chain managers
- Those looking to supply to the pharma or medical device industry
- March 16, 2023 9:30 pm
- September 14, 2023 9:30 am